Wednesday, March 30, 2011

29 Is Still a Good Time!

Thank goodness I had some great friends by my side for the celebration of 29!  Fun, food and friends helped me ease the transition into the last year of my twenties - eek!    I must say I was dreading the day.  I had just gotten used to being 28, how can this be happening to me!

Remember when you were 7 1/2 or 8 3/4?  You weren't going to let anyone rob you of your advanced age, no sir!  I took a different approach.  I started backtracking and reminding people that I was 28 and 351 days on the day of my actual party.  Nobody was going to wish me an early birthday!

Matt made sure to ease me into the next year in the most sensitive manner possible and he came equipped with reinforcements: pink champagne and red velvet cake.  Add into the mix a crowd of well wishers and a great lounge table at the DIFC hot-spot Caramel (their hamburger sliders should be considered a controlled substance) and I was willing to step into the next year.  Hey there was bubbly and cake on the other side!  Top of the night off by packing into resident dive bar i2 and dancing the morning away to "All That She Wants" by Ace of Base and I'm going to chock this one up to a success.

On Monday, we rang in the 'new year' by having a low key dinner at the new French bistro in town, Le Petit Mason.  You can't argue with French food and you can't argue with French toast and spice ice cream for dessert.  It wasn't a sweet 16, but it was a divine 29!
 Pink bubbles are the way to go!
Fiona got me a beautiful pair of handmade earrings!  What a surprise!  Even better her card read: "You are the chick pea in my hummus".  Awesome. 
Red velvet for everyone!
 The boys discussing the finer points of suit and shirt design.
 Hanging with Pam and new friend, Elizabeth.
Enjoying Ice, Ice, Baby.
You know it's a frat party when you can touch the ceiling! 

Ending on a civilized note.

*Oh yeah - and then we came home in time to actually witness Spiderman (Alain Robert) climb to the top of the Burj Khalifa spire - awesome!  For my birthday?  You shouldn't have!*

No comments: