Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ruth's Chris Turns One, Cows Everywhere Give Up and Turn Themselves In



When one of America's favorite steakhouses turns one, you just have to be there. Especially when they are promising bubbly, canapés and dessert. Not only does it rhyme, it one of those fabled a pair that just doesn’t get any better -steak and cake. Just say the word and we're there. It was one year ago that Ruth's Chris steak house opened in the Monarch hotel in Dubai and over the past 12 months we've definitely been able to rely on this restaurant for a little taste of home. To celebrate they put on a little shindig with some great apps - tuna tartar and mini sliders anyone? And topped it off with a coffee-flavored birthday cake. Oh, did I mention I also got to sport a party hat in the lounge all night? Last time I did that I was playing musical chairs...somehow this is so much better! (Although I'm not sure my 6 year old palette would have welcomed rare tuna, so I'm glad we waited on that a bit...!)

No comments: