Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm So Freaking Sore

I love the Princess Bride: "Never get in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well known is Never Get in a Battle of Wits With a Sicilian When Death is on the Line!". I have a third to add - never do watersports with a frenchman. We were out on a catamaran yesterday for our friend Tom's birthday when Basile, the stylish man giving me lessons at the bottom, grabbed a boat for wakeboarding, and showed us the "ropes". Problem was, that same rope broke the moment it tried to pull me out of the water. After splicing it back together (notice the splice in the photo above, just left of my head), we were off!
A few lessons later, and I was a pro. Well, truthfully, other than this run, I spent most of it bobbing in the water, yelling "I'm down!". To make matters worse, every part of my body is killing me today. It doesn't help that I faceplanted at 30 mph twice. Lots of whiplash - I feel like I'm wearing a neckbrace. People making fun of me, tapping me on the shoulder from behind and running away - "What's that? Who's behind me? NOT FUNNY!". Oh, so much pain..

No comments: