The first week of our honeymoon took a nice, slow approach. So slow in fact, that I actually had enough time to explore every menu on a camera I owned for a year. Hey - don't knock it. What do you do in your spare time? Read books? Better yourself? Bah - fiddlesticks.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Upon futher inspection from a few feet away I can confrim that not only was this eel huge, but yes it was swiming out from its little cave to get aggressive towards Matt - what happened to 'they are more afraid of you than you are of them'? Luckily he had a short attention span and we received no eel retribution. As with all vacations the pictures always do a better job than we can, so I'll leave you with our highlights from the Maldives!
This sign is great - don't consider your children to be "drown proof" - wow, some things get lost in translation.
The entire Honeymoon was a walking ad for the Kindle! Great wedding present!
Whooo! It only took 2 hours but we finally caught some fish! They turned into.....
...lunch the next day!
I think this picture looks like it's raining fish!
Great underwater shot courtesy of Matt. There are some "Nemos" hiding in there.
A dolphin comes to say hello.
Oh my god, it's like my screen saver came to life!
An incredible sunset on our last evening.
Matt planned for a dinner for two on our private deck for the last night - what a keeper!
Friday, September 4, 2009
- Drive from Washington DC to Philadelphia PA
- Drop off wedding gifts that are too heavy for our arms to carry
- Take the train to New York's Penn Station
- Sit in rush hour NYC traffic to JFK Airport
- Fly to Dubai
- Rush from Dubai Airport, back to the apartment, find out that your cleaning lady took all of the carefully packed "honeymoon bags", and since she was bored (we were gone), took everything out of the bags and put it back in our closets, then puts the bags themselves in storage (thanks, Evelyn - good initiative on that one!)
- Go back to the airport, tell immigration that, "Yes, I know I was just here, I'm getting back on a plane", and fly to the Maldives
- Take a speedboat ride to the hotel.
Yup - so please pardon us for not getting on the blog posting all that quick. Here's how we started out (notice the "go get 'em" attitude!): And here's what that same Katie looked like on Minute One of the honeymoon: