Friday, February 26, 2010

Dubai, Now With 300% More Muellers!

They came, they saw, they avoided the Washington DC snow! Last week, my parents barely escaped the Mid-Atlantic snowstorm, and despite losing a day to weather, joined us here in Dubai for some fun in the sun. We were delighted to have them for the first time - and they couldn't have picked a better time. The desert was nice and calm, and Jimdad got in on the action with his own quad bike. My mom, however, wasn't too happy with my dune bashing skills, and demanded that I let her out and pick her up on the way back. I'm not kidding.
She was a good sport about the whole flying-off-a-200-foot sand dune thing, and we did indeed make it back unscathed.
We were really happy to share a wonderful Valentine's evening at Reflett, which again re-affirmed it's dominance over other Dubai eateries in both service and food. It was also the first Valentine's meal I've had containing oysters, caviar, truffles, veal, and fois gras. Not so subtle with the aphrodisiacs, but delicious!
Overall, they definitely made the most of just a few days time - tea at the Burj Al Arab, a relaxing beach day, and some of the more touristy areas in the creek and souks. 
We didn't get them up in the seaplane, but it's great to have something to look forward to, right mom? (PS - She's terrified of heights).

1 comment:

udjim said...

Thanks for posting my photo of the Burj sailing away. As far as I could tell, it was just about the only photo in Dubai you hadn't taken yet.

And thanks for a spectacular week!