Monday, December 1, 2008

All that Glitters...

There is never a shortage of events in Dubai and last week I was lucky enough to get invite to a private dinner and a “jewelry fashion show” at the Burj Al Arab for the launch of Italian jeweler Calgaro’s latest collection. Well I’ve never been to a jewelry fashion show and there is no way I was turning down a free dinner at the Burj so I RSVP’ed Lisa Shaver +1 (The invite was only valid for one person but there was no problem once I explained I was bringing the Director of Communications in the Executive Chairman’s office of Tatweer). The event was held in the Al Falak Ballroom and in addition to the models showcasing the jewelry, the event also included performances by local acrobats and dancers and a four course meal. Katie and I also had our picture printed in the Insider and Masala magazines. The Insider described the guests as “the cream of the Dubai glitterati” and I for one hope that is very fitting!

No comments: